Monthly Archives: March 2012

Sand Hill School: The Clark-Haddad Memorial Building

In 1851 a new 2 bay by 3 bay, 2-story, wood-frame building with a gable roof was erected at the corner of Factory Street and George’s Rock Road (16 Dewey Avenue). Known as the Jarvesville School, and later, the Sand … Continue reading

Posted in Historic Preservation, History of Sandwich | Leave a comment

Historic Preservation in Sandwich MA

March 1, 2012 – The question of Historic Preservation Restrictions has become a story in Sandwich. Selectmen, regulators and residents have been asking what that means, how it happens and who makes it happen. There are two pdf documents that … Continue reading

Posted in Articles, Historic Preservation | Leave a comment