- Cape Cod Historical Links A great collection of links to historical information throughout the Cape
- Friends of the Sandwich Town Archives (FOSTA)
- Glass Town Cultural District
- Historic Properties Real Estate Scholarship
- Links to the Past Sandwich Historical Celebrations through the years
- Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System (MACRIS)
- Old Kings Highway Regional Historic District Commission
- Sandwich Conservation Trust
- Sandwich Town Hall Preservation Award Sandwich Town Hall was granted a 2011 Preservation Award for Rehabilitation & Restoration.
- Sandwich's 375th Anniversary Photos & Videos of the celebration held in 2014
- Sandwich, UK Twinning Towns!
- The Sandwich Town Archives
- Sandwich Town Hall Preservation Trust
- Save Historic Places A great resource from the National Trust for Historic Preservation
Category Archives: Historic Preservation
There are hundreds of historic houses in Sandwich. The Historical Commission is currently working on updating histories of these homes for the Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System (MACRIS). Many of these histories haven’t been updated since the 1970s. If you’d … Continue reading
SOURCE: https://sandwich.wickedlocal.com/news/20180907/plaques-help-mark-sandwich-history By Paul Gately Posted Sep 7, 2018 at 10:57 AM The Sandwich Historical Commission’s historic marker/plaque program has reached the 154 mark, and more awards are on the way in a town where many homes are much older than … Continue reading
By Paul Gately, Wicked Local, Sandwich (Broadsider) Greg Anderson chaired his last Sandwich Historical Commission meeting last week, handing the gavel off to member Lisa Hassler, a local realty broker, historical preservation enthusiast, and liaison to Community Preservation Act projects. … Continue reading
Decrepitude has seeped into Cedarville Cemetery—cracking and toppling ancient tombstones and beshadowing family markers with creeping foliage. But rest easy, old souls, help is on the way. About $70,000 has been set aside to restore dozens of graves at the … Continue reading
Do you have any old photos of the Clark-Haddad/Sand Hill School Building?
(SOURCE: Paul Gately, Wicked Local.com/Sandwich Broadsider) John Cullity seemingly has nothing in common with the late Yankee catcher Yogi Berra, but the Nye family member and historian is following that old Yogi-ism: “It ain’t over until it’s over.” Cullity is … Continue reading
By Paul Gately The Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office has determined the long planned project to restore parts of Cedarville Cemetery off Route 6A cannot proceed as delineated by the town and as planned by the Sandwich Historical Commission. Sandwich Assistant … Continue reading
By Paul Gately July 07. 2016 12:58PM Sandwich Historical Commission reiterates historic merit of ‘1927 Wing’ The Sandwich Historical Commission takes issue with sentiment expressed by some selectmen that the 1927 section of the Henry T. Wing School … Continue reading
Sandwich Okays Plan To Turn ‘Restroom Park’ Into Something More Memorable By TAO WOOLFE A gift of flowers, benches and greenery popped up among the political brambles when a volunteer group offered to beautify a scruffy grove across from Sandwich … Continue reading