- Cape Cod Historical Links A great collection of links to historical information throughout the Cape
- Friends of the Sandwich Town Archives (FOSTA)
- Glass Town Cultural District
- Historic Properties Real Estate Scholarship
- Links to the Past Sandwich Historical Celebrations through the years
- Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System (MACRIS)
- Old Kings Highway Regional Historic District Commission
- Sandwich Conservation Trust
- Sandwich Town Hall Preservation Award Sandwich Town Hall was granted a 2011 Preservation Award for Rehabilitation & Restoration.
- Sandwich's 375th Anniversary Photos & Videos of the celebration held in 2014
- Sandwich, UK Twinning Towns!
- The Sandwich Town Archives
- Sandwich Town Hall Preservation Trust
- Save Historic Places A great resource from the National Trust for Historic Preservation
Category Archives: News
The Sandwich Historical Commission held an awards ceremony this Spring to honor the preservation of a number of historic homes and buildings. Member William Daley hosted the event at Oak Crest Cove. Award recipients were: (CLICK PHOTOS FOR LARGER VIEW) … Continue reading
A note from the Sandwich Glass Museum:
SOURCE: https://sandwich.wickedlocal.com/news/20180907/plaques-help-mark-sandwich-history By Paul Gately Posted Sep 7, 2018 at 10:57 AM The Sandwich Historical Commission’s historic marker/plaque program has reached the 154 mark, and more awards are on the way in a town where many homes are much older than … Continue reading
By Paul Gately, Wicked Local, Sandwich (Broadsider) Greg Anderson chaired his last Sandwich Historical Commission meeting last week, handing the gavel off to member Lisa Hassler, a local realty broker, historical preservation enthusiast, and liaison to Community Preservation Act projects. … Continue reading
Decrepitude has seeped into Cedarville Cemetery—cracking and toppling ancient tombstones and beshadowing family markers with creeping foliage. But rest easy, old souls, help is on the way. About $70,000 has been set aside to restore dozens of graves at the … Continue reading
Do you have any old photos of the Clark-Haddad/Sand Hill School Building?
(SOURCE: Paul Gately, Wicked Local.com/Sandwich Broadsider) John Cullity seemingly has nothing in common with the late Yankee catcher Yogi Berra, but the Nye family member and historian is following that old Yogi-ism: “It ain’t over until it’s over.” Cullity is … Continue reading
By Paul Gately The Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office has determined the long planned project to restore parts of Cedarville Cemetery off Route 6A cannot proceed as delineated by the town and as planned by the Sandwich Historical Commission. Sandwich Assistant … Continue reading
By Paul Gately The Sandwich Historical Commission is not backing away from its strong stand taken in November 2015 that the town should make every effort to try and save the 1927 building from the wrecking ball at the Wing … Continue reading