The Sandwich Historical Commission was established in 1971 to identify, document, preserve and protect the historic and archaeological assets of the town and to promote public awareness of the history of the Town of Sandwich.
Sandwich Historical Commission
P. O. Box 1905
Sandwich, MA 02563
- Greg Anderson, Chair (2017)
- Brandon Carrico, (2016)
- Carolyn Crowell, (2016)
- Bill Daley, (2018) Historic Markers, 375th Celebration
- Lisa Hassler, (2018) CPC representative, Sand Hill School Preservation
- Jennifer Madden, (2016) Cemetery Preservation
- David Schrader, Vice-Chair (2018)
- Jeff Thomas, (2018)
- Philip Austin
- Don Bayley, Website Administrator
The commission is actively searching for new volunteers interested in joining the membership. We’re looking for men and women of all ages, backgrounds and education levels. The only membership qualification is a sincere interest in the discovery, documentation, and preservation of Sandwich’s historical assets of all kinds.
Come join us at a future meeting.
Time: 6:00 P.M.
Location: Sandwich Public Library, Macknight Room,
142 Main St., Sandwich, MA
All meetings will be posted more than 48 hours in advance at the Town Hall Annex, 145 Main St., and online at the Town Clerk’s page.
From Route 6:
Take exit 2 to Route 130. Head north to Sandwich Village. After 1.4 miles, turn right onto Main Street. The Library and free parking are 0.1 miles on the right at 142 Main Street.
From Route 6A:
At the Jarves Street traffic light, head South. After 0.2 miles, take a right onto Main Street. The Library is 0.1 miles on the left at 142 Main Street.
Parking is free in all town lots and in marked spaces along town streets.
– Disclaimer: No endorsement is intended or made of any hypertext link, product, service, or information either by its inclusion or exclusion from this page or site. While all attempts are made to ensure the correctness and suitability of information under our control and to correct any errors brought to our attention, no representation or guarantee can be made as to the correctness or suitability of that information or any linked information presented, referenced, or implied. All critical information should be independently verified. This site is for research and education and not for commercial purposes.