- Cape Cod Historical Links A great collection of links to historical information throughout the Cape
- Friends of the Sandwich Town Archives (FOSTA)
- Glass Town Cultural District
- Historic Properties Real Estate Scholarship
- Links to the Past Sandwich Historical Celebrations through the years
- Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System (MACRIS)
- Old Kings Highway Regional Historic District Commission
- Sandwich Conservation Trust
- Sandwich Town Hall Preservation Award Sandwich Town Hall was granted a 2011 Preservation Award for Rehabilitation & Restoration.
- Sandwich's 375th Anniversary Photos & Videos of the celebration held in 2014
- Sandwich, UK Twinning Towns!
- The Sandwich Town Archives
- Sandwich Town Hall Preservation Trust
- Save Historic Places A great resource from the National Trust for Historic Preservation
Tag Archives: cape cod
The Civil War Memorial Wall Plaque has been delivered and it now hangs on the wall of the first staircase case landing at Town Hall. It shows the full names of the 294 Sandwich men who served as soldiers and … Continue reading
Sandwich Historical Commission contributes to a Cape Cod Canal documentary to celebrate the 100th anniversary of its opening.
Our Home’s History Is Our History We have two direct connections to history: our family and our home. Family members pass and leave us with cherished memories, but our beloved homes tend to outlive us. They are what remain of … Continue reading
Open House and Forum March 24, 2012 at Sand Hill School, 16 Dewey Ave, Sandwich, MA UPDATE – March 24, 2012 Many thanks to everyone who attended the events yesterday. Because of you, the day was a success. Please check … Continue reading
Moving into mid-winter, with several feet of snow on the ground and only the heartiest of travelers on the roads, being pulled along in open sleighs while wrapped in thick woolen blankets. The only sounds are the soft clop of … Continue reading
The Sandwich Board of Selectmen, on January 19, 2012, voted 4-0, with one abstention, to leave the Clark-Haddad building in place. A proposal by the Sandwich Chamber of Commerce to move the Clark-Haddad building and turn it into a visitors … Continue reading
Looking Back As 2011 draws to a close the Sandwich Historical Commission finds itself weighing the merits of two controversial issues and pursuing another that few people considered an issue at all. The request from the Sandwich Chamber of … Continue reading
The Sandwich Historical Commission welcomes its newest member, Don Bayley. His appointment to the commission was approved by the Sandwich Board of Selectmen on Thursday, October 20 for a term of (almost) three years. Don has been doing several projects … Continue reading
The Sandwich Historical Commission is entering an exciting phase. Thanks to the contributions of our members and volunteers, we have recently achieved some notable steps in our mission to document the town’s historical assets. Looking Back Just in the last few months … Continue reading